Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is up with my computer??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 somebodyhere

somebodyhere

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Hello, for the past 2 days whenever I use Google Chrome or Firefox (my Internet explorer works fine for some reason) they will crash. Now my firefox will not even boot and my Chrome just crashes everytime I try to go to another webpage. Sometimes when I boot up my computer it will take forever to load everything and it will not start the internet. Also, my computer doesn't allow me to use System restore, I mean when I try, it goes through the process but after the reboot it says "System restore has failed. Nothing has been changed" this just recently started happening out of nowhere..What could be wrong? Please help me as soon as possible..I greatly appreciate any help.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to add that I have tried reinstalling firefox and chrome but they still just keep doing the exact same thing.

Edited by somebodyhere, 09 January 2011 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,107 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi, I'm somewhat confused, nothing unusual in that :).

You say that IE works without problems?

If you remove the browsers other than IE...does the system boot normally without the others?

Is the system current for critical updates?

System manufacturer and model?

Any other system anomalies, other than System Restore?

Louis

#3 salm37

salm37

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

hey somebody here....I have a simple plan for a lot of crap Malware and stuff...it takes a little time but....I always go straight to safe mode...period....run my anti-virus, and Mbam[Malwarebytes-Antimalware program] must have...I always keep system restore up to date..my avg does that...so simply go to safe mode by press f8 often...during start-up....then the Malware is neutered I back up 1 day or before that crap happened...and the reboot....again run Mbam, and virus scanner because it's still in your restore files.....i did it and got rid of the pup-delio trojan worked for me

Edited by salm37, 09 January 2011 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users