Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My drive is blocked by safe-data.ru

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BarkiAl

BarkiAl

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

Foolishly, i set up my sons PC with a second hard disk we have used to save all of our photos, videos, and media on it as a network backup because we only have small HD's in our laptops. When i tried to access the disk today, it didn't appear in My Computer even though i could see it in the Bios. It doesn't show up anywhere, like system, device manager, disk management. The only place i can see it is in the bios. As it is a storage drive (F:) i can still boot his PC, however when i tried to boot to the storage disk F: it came up with the following:

The computer boots to a DOS screen that says
Your PC is blocked.
All the hard drives were encrypted.
Browse www. safe-data. ru to get an access to your system and files.
Any attempt to restore the drives using other way will lead to inevitable data loss.
Please remember: Your ID: 773923
with its help your sign-on password will be generated.
Enter password:

When the above came up i didn't press any keys i just turned it off with the power button.
I then looked up "What is safe-data.ru" on google and after reading various sites, i ended up here. I haven't done anything to try and fix it as i have found in the past it is better to ask for help rather than just have a go.

My son's PC is running ableit slowly and does have access to the internet, and a CD drive. We have a usb drive but i haven't tried to see if it is working in his PC.

As all of our family photos & videos are stored on the drive i don't want to format it, if there is any way to recover them. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing (i shouldn't have stored them all in one place and not made any further back ups)

His PC is running XP service pack 3, is a 2.8Ghtz processor with 1.5GB of RAM with 2 80GB hard disks. C: is running ableit slowly D: is a cdr, E:is a DVD, f: is our network storage disk which was shared to other PC's on our home network, which is run though an Orange livebox.

His PC was set up with Avira Free antivirus, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ccleaner & Superantispyware, and he seems to get viruses on a regular basis. He is 13 and only seems to surf games site's as i check his history on a regular basis, but i can't work out why he keeps getting viruses and neither his Mum or I don't.

Please can someone help us out.
Thanks in advance

Edited by BarkiAl, 09 January 2011 - 07:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BarkiAl

BarkiAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

Please can you close this topic as problem has now been sorted. Thankyou

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hello BarkiAl,

I'm interested to know how you got this sorted? :)

Thanks!
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#4 BarkiAl

BarkiAl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Check out the posts on this forum. I download the xped-0.9.2iso and burn't it to a new CD and downloaded the Testdisk to a empty flash drive. Then i booted the PC with the CD and followed the steps to check the disk. Even though i could boot the infected PC we re-wrote theMBR to the C drive, and then rewrote it to the infected drive. Hey presto i had access to my previous locked drive.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/293783-my-drive-is-locked-by-safe-dataru/page__st__30__gopid__1955275#entry1955275

All the credit must go to the guy who helped me out, he's a real star

#5 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thank you so much for the info. :thumbup2: Glad you got it taken care of.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users