Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iexplore.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wdlucky75

wdlucky75

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

I read the other log on here where the guy was able to fix his problem with the recovery disc.
I am in a program where I dont get the disc until I complete a couple classes. Another issue is my disc drive is kaput so that wouldnt help any.
My problem is the same as his was which was:
iexplore.exe-Application error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I started to get this error after a pop up occured. The pop up happened, then explorer shut down, and I have not had explorer since that happened. I can navigate through the computer but am not a tech guru so any help would be great!!

Again, I do not have the disc but I do have access to a jump drive and this other computer that I am using to post this.

Please, someone help me???
WD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:25 PM

Try starting in safe mode, and if you can boot using safe mode run your anti-virus scan and see if it picks anything up.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

See if this is of any help:
You receive the Stop error "Stop 0x05
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 wdlucky75

wdlucky75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:29 AM

I am running Windows 2000 Professional

Edited by wdlucky75, 10 December 2005 - 03:29 PM.

#5 wdlucky75

wdlucky75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

Tried to start in safe mode from F8 (hope that was right) it lagged for a bit then, blue screen of death, and restarted itself.
I just got a call from the Tech support at my home institution. They are telling me I have to have it reimaged. It took three weeks the last time that happened.
They are saying that internet explorer has to be reinstalled.

#6 wdlucky75

wdlucky75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

ok it is able to start in safe mode. took a couple time but running through virus scan and adware. ill be back with results.
i am trying to avoid taking it on a three week vacation to my tech support.....argh!!!!

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

wdlucky75, I moved your HJT log to the proper forum.
You can find it at this link:
wdlucky75's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

Before you reimage (Which will destroy your data) try the REPAIR feature from the W2k disk.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#9 Rockford_622

Rockford_622

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:37 PM

Ok, SOMEONE must know what is going on here. Suddenly there are many posts about this same problem. Something must have just come out recently and is infecting people here. I have the same problem.

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Ok, SOMEONE must know what is going on here. Suddenly there are many posts about this same problem. Something must have just come out recently and is infecting people here. I have the same problem.

You open any email attachments lately?

#11 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:37 AM

Rockford, please read my post here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37227/need-help-with-ie/

This must solve the problem.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#12 Rockford_622

Rockford_622

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

Rockford, please read my post here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37227/need-help-with-ie/

This must solve the problem.

You are truly a god that walks among man :thumbsup: That fixed it, thanks!!!!

Any idea why Internet Explorer allows services to be installed on our PC's without as much as a warning? Or was this something else?

#13 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:57 AM

Still trying to find out what exactly caused this....
This is a strange issue and happens on almost every Windows 2000 systems nowadays. Was something updating right before this happened? Or can you remember something else you did right before?
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#14 wdlucky75

wdlucky75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

As for me, I was just browsing the net and one of those stupid, HEY YOU WON THIS popped up so I click out of it....WAMMO...now here I am. Going to try that one link. I will reply with results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users