Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

palladium.,me too

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Juggalonerd

Juggalonerd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

I have the same problem, but I cannot get to the start menu. I've tried to get to task manager and it does not come up at all. I have no control at all with the computer. So any ideas where to go to next?

*Update*
On a hunch I went into Safemode with Command Prompt. I then went to my Utility cd and ran rkill from there. I rebooted back into Safemode with networking again. Alt-F4 through palladium. Alt-ctrl-del to get to task manager. I ended palladium processes. I ran file, new task...cmd. Again I went back to the cd; ran rkill and had to install malware bytes (mbam-setup.exe) onto the machine. After installing it I ran malware bytes, without any updates. As of now it is scanning with 1 problem detected. I am certain after the scan is complete, I can update and re-run malware from safemode again.

Edited by Juggalonerd, 08 January 2011 - 03:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hello, I moved tiy to your own Topic here. Please post the MBAM log then updare svcan amd post the new one.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Juggalonerd

Juggalonerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

Why would you make a new topic for a problem a few people have? Why not keep it under ONE topic so the masses can read ONE thread instead of many threads? I don't understand your logic there.

I can't post anything from any machine about anything because the place I work at frowns on that. Policy is policy.

As for the results: I forgot to post I used combofix after I ran malwarbytes. Rebooted the machine and it booted up to the desktop without palladium coming up. I updated malwarebytes and left it running.

I won't know anything else until I go back in.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Because, if you are going in different directions with repair which happens too many times it gets real difficult to follow 2,3 or peoples systems and progress,not to mention confusing to read. You have now run Combofix and cannot post logs so we have to hope and guess what you had and removed. ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer

So I guess let us know if your issues have stopped.

Edited by boopme, 09 January 2011 - 04:45 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Juggalonerd

Juggalonerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

Isn't that how ideas spread. Keeping the Main topic (polladium) in one spot with different approaches to fix it? So if someone does fix it, everyone with the same problem will not have to run into 5-6 different topics about the same thing where there might be no answers or even an idea where to begin. Even your original answer DID NOT work. As for my steps for doing what I did, I found out worked roughly an hour ago when I stopped by work to check. As for combofix that word for word warning is part of install/run process. Basically if you find a way around that you post it and please use some sort of spell check. Thanks.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

We will have to agree to disagree on keeping multiple members with issues in a single thread. This is primarily due to the fact that while the problem may look like like it's the same thing. The troubleshooting process will be different simply due to the fact that the machines that the members are using are not identical. Nor is the skill level or technical expertise of each person participating. This is a process we have learned through direct experience over the years.

Additionally it makes it very difficult to read a thread when instructions are directed at only one person because they are ahead of everybody else in resolving their issue. Then somebody else comes back 4 steps behind and now everybody is confused again.

Wouldn't you like to feel you were getting one on one help without picking your 5 replies of assistance out of a 32 post or more thread?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Juggalonerd

Juggalonerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

I can half agree with you. I for one can read a 32 post topic, weed out the non-essential information, and still make some use of the information I have read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users