Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware removal for Professionals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mastershakes

mastershakes

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

I am a PC tech that has done literally thousands of removals (both remote and onsite). I currently work for a large corporation that has an inhouse R&D dept that works on malware removal techniques. When a new virus comes out they usually have a workaround to help with automatic removal (ie. ESET online, mbam, etc) or know which service to disable or registry entry to remove or whatever.

I would like to venture out on my own but would miss this information source and collected knowledge. Is there some forum or website where malware removal experts get together to discuss removal techniques?

Thanks for any leads.

Edited by boopme, 08 January 2011 - 09:27 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CStew23

CStew23

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hello mastershakes,

I would like to venture out on my own but would miss this information source and collected knowledge. Is there some forum or website where malware removal experts get together to discuss removal techniques?

You've happened upon one. Many of the developers of the tools we use to remove malware on users machines are members here (and at our sister sites). The Malware Response Team which numbers in the hundreds currently all get together to discuss the latest malware and such.

BC even offers a training program for those that wish to learn the art of malware removal. It is not to be used as an avenue to gain knowledge to use in a corporate setting and you are expected to be a contributing member of the malware removal community at large by going through the program but there is nothing stopping you from using the knowledge you gain to your advantage.
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!
If you have not heard from me in 48 hours please use this and send me a PM reminder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users