Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't start up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jmadden

Jmadden

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I recently ordered a tower cpu combo to throw together a server from some new and old parts. Upon assembling everything and trying to turn on the computer nothing happened. I double checked all the hookups and tried systematically removing things and trying to start up. The only thing that would occur every time is upon plugging in the psu and turning the switch to on all the fans and lights would kick on for maybe 1-2 seconds. I have to assume it's the mobo at this point but I guess it could be the tower....anyway the mobo is a m2n32 sli deluxe, the psu is a Rosewill Green Series RG700-S12. Any suggestions as to how I could troubleshoot/get to the bottom of this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

A step at a time...starting with the motherboard connections...is where I would start.

Actually...I'd start with ensuring that the motherboard isn't shorting on unneeded standoffs and such.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users