Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fake antivirus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevin0804

kevin0804

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

suddenly have a fake antivirus which wont let me use system restore or download any malware fixes. any help?

Edited by hamluis, 08 January 2011 - 01:58 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 symbi

symbi

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hi kevin, I think you'll want to head over to the Malware forum and check out the pinned articles at the top. You might want to post some logs based on what you read there, but be patient, the malware team is flooded with requests right now - you shouldn't expect to hear back for a few days.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I will request that a Moderator move this topic to the Am I Infected forum where a Malware Removal Team member will assist in cleaning your machine.

Please be patient, they have a large number of topics to work with.

If you haven't had a response in the next day or so, send me a PM to let me know.

Edited by dc3, 08 January 2011 - 01:53 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

Duplicate of this topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic372152.html

To avoid confusion I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users