Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

easypc e700 stalls at initializing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 staylor29a11

staylor29a11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

I bought this cute little pc from cherrypal last febuary and I have had issues with wince 5 since i have had it. I've tried to reinstall it from vt8505 packages, easypc linux, android from an sd card and cannot get anything to come on it. I've been through answers and boards, no luck. I bought it as a backup pc, but can't get any use out of it. it was a $100 i didn't have, but i wanted to help cherrypal, anyone have any answers?

Features:
CPU: Samsung 400MHz/533MHz processor
RAM: 128MB
ROM: 2GB
Screen size: 7-inch
Pixel resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
Display color: TFT, 65,536 colors
Integrated speaker
Stereo headphone jack: 3.5mm
Buttons: power (on/off) and reset
LEDs: AC and DC power, battery status
Standard SD card slot: maximum up to 32GB
USB: 3 ports
LAN: RJ45
WLAN: 802.11b/g
Battery: 4,000mAh
Main unit dimensions: 213.5 x 145 x 32mm
Main unit weight: 0.80kg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Android Fan

Android Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hi staylor, I can't advise you on that "Cherrypal Africa" unit, except to say that I also read a German blogger who said he was unhappy with it. I think like you, he got a WinCE unit and tried to get Linux going on it. Even though he was pretty skilled a Linux from what I read. May I ask though what was the problem with WinCE on your unit? Poor performance, broken somehow? Were you led to believe you would get a computer with higher specs and a different OS, or is it a case where you knew what you were getting basically but just expected better performance?

I think you are on the right track, searching for help with an "EasyPC" since that is the other name for those units. One other thing you might try though is commenting on Cherrypal's support forum, which is reached under the "support" heading on its homepage.

In my case I ordered a different model Cherrypal, one with Android OS. I knew what I was getting basically, but decided for curiosity to try it and see if I could use it for stuff. It's really slow and the Android version on it is half-baked, but I like the hardware and am still going to see if I can use it for limited tasks. Of course my unit, "Asia," has more RAM and faster processor than yours. I think on yours, that meager amount of RAM is going to make it hard to run anything but WinCE, however I thought that WinCE would run okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users