Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Default Administrator Account

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EddyMerckx

EddyMerckx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hi.

Recently, I created a second user account for my computer. I didn't realize by doing that, the default administrator account would only be accessible in safe mode.

Unfortunately, there are a few programs I don't see to have access to, some programs that don't have my user profile, and a slew of files that are saved to that user account.

This would be my inexperience speaking, but wouldn't it be easier to just restore the default administrator account?

If I had to just use my new account, the files would be easy to move and the programs would just be annoying, but the thing that's killing me is my Mozilla Thunderbird profile.

Right now, I can't access any of my emails stored in Thunderbird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

Hi, try this....in the account you are using now> start>computer>double click C drive to viewe folders> program files> from there find the programs you wish to use on the new profile> double click and run .exe file to load programs into new profile.
Iain. :thumbup2:
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users