Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser's will not connect to internet msn does

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eurozulu

eurozulu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hi everyone, hope someone can help, lenovo sl510 Operating system w7 64 bit pro .I have three browsers non of them will connect to the internet (usual message page cannot be displayed) however msn messenger connects and i am fairly sure it also downloaded updates (from microsoft but not 100%) have checked to see if they unckecked work off line and not set to use proxy server.tried system restore no good.Uninstalled internet security and switched off windows firewall still no joy. wireless states there is connection ethernet states connection also.took it to local computer shop today explained what had happened he look at it while i looked on he went into lenovo toolbox did not do any changes but i thought he did as it then went online .came back home with it thinking that it was ok and three hours later went back to no connection on browsers msn fine,I have second laptop that works fine so i don't think it is the router.I also took it to my parents house and it's the same no browsers but msn is fine. This is driving me mad any help please would be great

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

Reboot into " Advanced user mode " using F8 try " LKGC Last Known Good Configuration " Then reboot and run any antispyware or online scanners you may have, also make sure any FW you may have is not blocking your WIFI or WLAN !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Type this into the address bar on one of the browsers: http://74.125.227.48/

It's a IP address for Google, that'll bypass your DNS servers (MSN Messenger connects to the server using the IP.)

#4 eurozulu

eurozulu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:48 AM

Thanks. for reply's http://74.125.227.48/ did not work.just took updates from Microsoft web site as i thought.just went it to intel pro set/wireless tools all working and states connection to internet.Did manual diagnose tool run test all passed. hardware test pass,driver test pass,radio test pass,scan test pass,Association test pass,Authentication pass,Signal test pass,ping test pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users