Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft framework .net corrupt in vista ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thepadster

thepadster

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Running vista home on my laptop currently.

I run a program called Holdem Manager, which is a poker hand analysis tool which requres framework .net

Recently HEM stopped working, I enlisted the help of 2 HEM experts, the latter from HEM company who teamviewered with me, took control and despite several attempts to reinstall it, eventually gave up and advised I would need to reinstall windows :(

Im pretty loathe to have to backup everything and clear down, also being a laptop it came pre-installed and I dont have any disks !

Any suggestions as to how I can check if it is a case of .net corruption ?

Help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

You can remove any NET versions, using Dotnetfx Cleanup Tool , then reinstall whatever version you may require.

Louis

#3 thepadster

thepadster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

You can remove any NET versions, using Dotnetfx Cleanup Tool , then reinstall whatever version you may require.

Louis

Thanks. Unfortunately looking through the readme file that comes with the cleaner it appears it will not remove certain versions, depending on OS.

I am waiting for holdem manager support to get back to me to advise which version there software actually uses.

I use windows vista home.

From the readme file ....

Not all of the above products will appear in the UI for the .NET Framework cleanup tool on every operating system.
The cleanup tool contains logic so that if it is run on an OS version that includes the .NET Framework as an OS
component, it will not offer the option to clean it up
. This means that running the cleanup tool on Windows XP
Media Center Edition or Tablet PC Edition will not offer the option to clean up the .NET Framework 1.0, running
it on Windows Server 2003 will not offer the option to clean up the .NET Framework 1.1 and running it on Windows
Vista or Windows Server 2008 will not offer the option to clean up the .NET Framework 2.0 or the .NET Framework 3.0

I had already tried this cleaner as recomended on the holdem manager forum, and there rep when controlling my machine via teamviewer tried the same procedure to no avail :(

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

Yup...I thought about adding wording to that effect, but got lazy.

I'm not a Vista user, just trying to push things along wherever I might suggest something useful :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users