Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Ok i need some help in my outlook express i don't want to have to sign in every time to get my mail can you give me a step by step on how to fix my outlook and make sure i have all the right things checked.it says i am unable to login to server i think i have the wrong boxes checked can you help me? i attached a copy of the err thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 geek117

geek117

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Have you verified these settings previously worked? Are you sure the mail server supports secure password authentication?

#3 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

You should ask your ISP what your email settings should be. That way you can properly verify that they are in fact correct. In the mean time you can try the following in Outlook Express:

1.Click on Tools-Accounts -Then double click on your account
2.On the "Servers" Tab disable any "check box" that says "Secure Password Authentication Account"

Hope this helps.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Duplicate topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic372099.html

To avoid confusion I am closing this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users