Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stay away from ZipZoomfly.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-equipment-supplies-and-parts/zipzoomflycom-in-newark-ca-26523#ratingdetails

Ahahaha. What a relief it is to see the word Revoked stamped next to their name. This company has not been making good on rebates. I reported them to the BBB. They later told me that they fixed the problem and resumed contact with the rebate handling company (Status-Now. I called Status-Now who confirmed that ZZF did not resume contact with them and they have been having problems with them for a long time.

So, if you buy something with a rebate from ZipZoomfly, you will not get it. (Their shipping also takes forever)

Proof I'm not the only one.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

This is a big day for me personally. This is a step in the right direction.

Posted Image

Edited by TheEgg, 07 January 2011 - 11:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

While what you experienced is the story, and I empathize with those people who have issues with zipzoomfly. The revocation of a BBB endorsement is about as hollow as the empty promises zipzoomfly made.

I can almost bet that the BBB extorts a pay for play fee from them and their rating is restored soon. Don't think it happens?

See for yourself.

The Better Business Bureau, one of the country's best known consumer watchdog groups, is being accused by business owners of running a "pay for play" scheme in which A plus ratings are awarded to those who pay membership fees, and F ratings used to punish those who don't.

Quote from ABC News: Consumer Watchdog Accused of Running 'Pay for Play' Scheme With Grading System By JOSEPH RHEE and BRIAN ROSS Nov. 12, 2010

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 TheEgg

TheEgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

I was afraid of that. I thought I remembered reading that all you have to do to get an A+ rating is to pay a small fee. Well either way, the company still needs to pay to get their grade changed and thats bad news for them. In the meantime, they will continue to be embarrassed by their poor grade.

#4 TheEgg

TheEgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users