Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MacOS or Photoshop CS5 problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 symbi

symbi

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

This is crazy, but it's happened a few times now: Using Photoshop CS5 on June 2010 MBP with Snow Leopard. Manually clicking save repeatedly while working on a project (just force of habit). Suddenly, Photoshop will crash (yes, on a mac). The crash takes the file that was being worked on with it, as if it never existed. A Finder search does not locate the file either - it no longer exists, and hours worth of work are lost. I promise that I was saving the file myself, not relying on auto save/recover, etc. It's as if Photoshop doesn't actually commit the file to disk even though I am asking it to. The solution is to save, then exit photoshop, then restart and keep working. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davidanders

davidanders

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

Where are you saving the file to? Your User folder (documents)? another hard drive or partition?
What HD or partition are you using for your scratch disk? The Boot Drive? (bad idea)
How full is your boot drive? 10 or 15 percent empty is highly recommended.
Do a search for "photoshop optimize site:adobe.com" and "troubleshoot photoshop site:adobe.com"
Do a save as and name the file "myfile01" work on it do a save as "myfile02"
Are you using unusual characters in the file name?
David Anders
The Computer Guy, Seattle
My Allexperts Stats

#3 i501

i501

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

I am experiencing the same.

Server: XServe, 4 core, 2.66GHz, 12G RAM, X.6.8 Server
Clients: iMacs, X.6.7, Portable Home Directories

AFP crashed and restarted. All users continued working not knowing of the crash. Upon return, the Photoshop file in use during the AFP crash was gone.

Does Adobe put the file in tmp somewhere? Is there any way to recover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users