Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Woman, New Member

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dimples5

dimples5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Just joined a few days ago because of problems with my 5 plus year old computer. I will try to post on the forums about that. I'm nearly 60, but have enjoyed working on computers for many years. I'm still not very knowledgeable about the inner workings that can help me solve problems. I mainly just poke the keys and search the internet. My 2 sons have always helped me out in that department, but with my youngest away at college now, that has left me with no technical assistants and I am pretty much lost. I hope I can find out more about computers while on this site because I don't plan to ever stop trying to learn. Even though I consider my self fairly intelligent, I am lost on a lot of this technology stuff. But still willing to learn!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 toot

toot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

:busy: :busy: hi i understand your plight,, i`m trying to get an understanding of all this comp. can do, but i just get into trouble .,,i need help with just the basics,,i`m self taught,i tried to put a smiling face here to say hi, but i don`t know how ,oh well, i hope i get the gist soon,,so hang in there ,you are not alone.

#3 dimples5

dimples5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks, Toot, for replying. Maybe we can slug along together. I've got some kind of very insidious virus, malware, etc. inside this old Dell and it is about to beat me. I've been reading on the posts here when I think someone has the same problems and have tried many suggestions, but don't really have a clue as to what I'm doing, so I've probably made it worse, which it is getting worse every day! I've got to read all of the suggestions on how to post, but I'm going to need a helper that can really dumb down all of the processes for me to understand. Hopefully, I can get some help when I have time to actually post on one of the help forums. Thanks for the welcome. By the way, your smiley face is great!

Edited by dimples5, 08 January 2011 - 08:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users