Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-stop scanning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rookie84

rookie84

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hello, Hope i can clearly explain. I'm running Win XP. I recently had a virus problem ( folks were getting ads from my email address)
I normally have Avast as my anti virus, but when my computer started slowing down I bought/down loaded:
Spybot, Malwarebyte's anti malware, CC Cleaner, Advanced system care, Wise registry cleaner, Reg cure, and possible one more I forget . Running these programs seems to have solved most of my problems, except that my computer has begun to run scans, not sure what is running, every four-five minutes. I disabled most of the programs I named, rather set them to run manually..rather than automatically. Still, I can't figure what it is that is running. As I write this I can hear drive whirring as it begins another scan. Would running the prog Hijackthis possible point out what is going on with my computer? Sorry for long-windedness, would appreciate any suggestions. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:51 PM

You have way too many tools running and reg cleaners that are doing more harm then good. Do not install HJT or anything else please. Do not uninstall anything yet either

Try shutting down thw machine and see if they stop. Did you scan with Malwarebyte's and get a log that you can post?
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users