Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Printing Preferences?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

Hi guys,

I have 10 computers that share one Mandatory roaming profile. The registry NTUSER.DAT is stored in the profile on the server, and is write protected, so that the computers cannot change it. All works well except for one thing.. I have a RICOH 1224C network printer. In the XP printing preferences, i have it set to Document server, and all taht good stuff. You can specify a username and user for what shows up on the printer side in the document server settings. So if i print from public-01, at the printer, on the job queue, it shows up as public01. The only problem is, I would like to beable to set each computer to show up uniquely on the printer, but it always goes back to whatever is in the registry. Is there a way i can make a script to change that username in the document server on login? Or even better, where is the actualy file/regitry location that the username for the printer is stored in??

THanks,
Lance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users