Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restore false postive files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigbull15

bigbull15

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Combofix removed a legitimate program that I need to restore. The program in question is called Paradox. It resides in the C:\Win folder. All contents of the that folder need to be restored. The log is way to long for a screen shot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

One question, what made you run Combofix in the first place?

Also can you just reinstall the application?

#3 Hert

Hert

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

Combofix removed a legitimate program

That he has <_< Accustomed

#4 bigbull15

bigbull15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

The PC was running very slow. It had no signs of spyware, but I wanted to check for rootkits. Superantispyware, Symantec, and Malwarebytes came up clean prior to running combofix. The speed issue was related to hardware. The program itself is not my main concern, it's the database I files I really need.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Combofix is a very powerful tool, and there are other tools that can check for rootkits such as TDSSKiller.exe and GMER and other tools.

I will ask a member of the MRT Team to assist you with this issue.

sometimes a slow PC can be the result of various factors such as not enough system resources like RAM or CPU power to handle the tasks you are wanting to perform. Other things like outdated software or drivers can also attribute to slowness of a PC. In the future I would recommend posting or asking a question about the slowness of your computer to rule out system specifications and what not then go towards analysis of your computer for any type of malware.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

bigbull, send me a private message containing the contents of the C:\Qoobox\ComboFix-quarantined files.txt file . Also tell me what the names of the database files, or program, that you need restored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users