Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up wireless Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jennyz6181

Jennyz6181

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

We used to have time Warner now we have AT&T Internet and we can only get "local access" ao we can't connect to the Internet. We have Ut set to automatically detect the dns server. I should also mention when it's hardwired it works fine. Somewhere along the way I did see it has the dns suffix as satx.rr.com. We are in San Antonio and the rr I am assuming is roadrunner/time Warner if that makes a difference. I am about to throw my laptop out the window please help! Oh we have a Microsoft 2210 modem and a linksys router

Edited by boopme, 07 January 2011 - 01:05 PM.
MOVED from Vista to Netwoking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Cable your system directly into the modem and test your Internet.
If it works (which it should) I would try rerunning the Linksys cd in case the router needs to be reconfigured.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Jennyz6181

Jennyz6181
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Thank you but it didn't work

#4 scorpia13

scorpia13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

You could try clicking on "connect to" in your start menu. (just above control panel) Then find a network that you're using. It would most likely be called Microsoft 2210 or something in that sort. Click on it, then click connect. It will probably ask for a password. You can find the password at the bottom of your modem, because usually thats where your password is written. If you don't find it there, try looking through the instructions or calling up the company that gave you the modem. Enter the password when you find one, and click on connect.
When you've done that, unplug the modem from your computer and push the wireless button on your modem and laptop. (usually found on the side. The icon looks like a matchstick with ((( and ))) on each side). You might need to hold the one on your modem for a while untill it turns on. (kinda like turning on a cellphone)
I don't know if you will have to do this, but when I set up my wireless connection, I had to go into control panel > network and intenet > View network status and tasks > then right click on the line between your modem and internet.
Dunno why, but it connected straight away after that.

Hope that helped
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users