Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FALSE: HP Ink notification problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mkewavefan97

mkewavefan97

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hello person viewing this,

I have the HP Photosmart D7260 and every time I try to print something I get this pop-up that says that I need to insert another magenta ink cartridge because it is running low. But the printer doesn't really know that I inserted a fresh one a while ago. I pulled up the ink gauges on the printer and my computer and they both read that the Magenta ink cartridge and because I physically inserted a fresh ink cartridge.

Bottom line, whenever I hit file>print and hit ok to print the document, I get this pop up (see image below)

file:///C:/Users/Stevan/Pictures/Printer%20problem.jpg

*NOTE: If you cannot see the image, it is a dialog box that says

"To print in color install the following cartridges:
Magenta
To print with black ink only click black only. To begin printing on certain products, press the resume button on the printer control panel. The printer will replace colors with Grayscale.
To cancel press the cancel button on the printer. If the empty cartridge is not replaced soon, all printing will stop. "

If anyone knows how to stop this annoying dialog box please comment with a solution to fix it.

mkewavefan97

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

Have you removed the cartridge and put it back in? This is the only thing I can think of to tell you to try.

#3 mkewavefan97

mkewavefan97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

Just tried that and it still does the same thing.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

I would uninstall all...all HP software installed with that printer...and then reinstall it. Could be damaged, making it flaky.

Actually, I would also delete/uninstall/disconnect the printer and just set it up anew, after rebooting the system.

Louis

#5 mkewavefan97

mkewavefan97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users