Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continuing laptop problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kimberley10

kimberley10

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

ThunderZ recently helped me to access personal files after our laptop crashed but now I cannot get MS office to work for me as it says that it needs to be reloaded. It is already there on the pc, all files there etc. How can I get this to work for us? also on shut down I get the message QLBCTRL.exe is not responding - to closure, and I have to manually shut it before the pc will shut down! Help please :dance:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

• Open Start, select Run, type msconfig and the press Enter.
  • In the System Configuration utility that opens, display the Startup tab.
  • Look for and clear the QuickLaunch (qlbctrl.exe) checkbox.
  • Click OK and restart your PC when prompted.
That gets rid of that pesky HP error. It's a quick launch application from your printer. Not needed.

Did you try to uninstall office and install again?

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 kimberley10

kimberley10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thanks have just done the untick bit. No have not tried to reload office, but will give it a go and see what happens! fingers crossed! :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users