Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games keep asking me to update Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tide_belle

tide_belle

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

I am running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 3. I had downloaded some games from BigFishGames through Firefox and all was fine until I updated my Flash Player. Now certain ones will not work and continue to ask me to update my Flash Player to 8 or higher. I had even contacted the site where I bought the games from and the tech guys cannot get the game to reproduce the error message. I have ensured that I have the latest version of FP, restarted my computer and it still failed to work. After reading on another forum where some games were not programmed to read the two digits in the latest version of AFP 10 which would make it read version 1. So then I went to Adobe's site and downloaded version 9 from the archives. The games worked but other sites will not work with version 10 and it is frustrating to have to keep switching versions. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by tide_belle, 07 January 2011 - 07:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tide_belle

tide_belle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

This issue has been resolved. I had downloaded Adobe FP 10 through Internet Explorer and it was not resolving the issue. What I was not aware of was that my IE had been corrupted by a virus so I downloaded the most recent IE and tried to download Adobe FP again and the games now work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users