Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Capturing flash video on a website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davis07

Davis07

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

I am wondering how to download a video from a website that is playing a flash video. I have no idea where to start or what best programs there are to use. I'd appreciate the help. I am just wanting to download the video and maybe put it on my ipod which would be amazing!

Here is the video: http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/2010-Rewind---Music-Mash-Up/da542d15-5263-4718-ad1d-07acc1bda545

Thanks for any help,

Davis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Saw this program review earlier today and after reading your post thought you might want to check it out.

Freemake Video Downloader description, Download Managers Downloads List By 30 Day Change | PCWorld - PCWorld

Editorial Review of Freemake Video Downloader
Freemake Video Downloader is a completely free app that rips a Flash video from one of a number of Web sources and converts the video to the format you want for offline viewing. The previous version was already a must-have app, and version 2.0 adds a few critical new features to the mix that make it even better. The app now converts on the fly as it downloads, which saves a lot of time. All of the video file types and presets formerly present only in sister app Freemake Video Converter are now included, meaning that only one app is now required ............................

Click on the link above for the entire review.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

I use Real Player to download any embedded video that is not DRM ptotected. I downloaded two yesterday.

http://www.real.com/

#4 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

If you're using Firefox, a good plugin for it is 'Flashgot'

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=flashgot&cat=all&x=0&y=0

It will download most youtube videos as well.

Edited by 666philb, 07 January 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

That's not what he is looking for. It looks very similar to a product I have used in the past called URLSnooper. He just wants the video clip. He doesn't need all that other stuff. And Real Player is the best product to use to download non-Youtube video clips. You click on the download button at the top right hand corner of the player and then you can do whatever you want with the clip.

Edited by frankp316, 07 January 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#6 ivantaylor

ivantaylor

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

In my opinion, the best capture/conversion program for web video is DownloadHelper - http://www.downloadhelper.net/. It has rarely failed to capture the video. I don't use the conversion part much but it had done the job when I have used it.

I use this free extension with Firefox (I think there is a Chrome version). It will capture video clips as well as audio only from sites. Most of the time I just start playing the video/audio on the web site and click the DH button, click Save and let it do its thing. You will get a little nag box every 500 captures.

For some sites that DH doesn't work, I use the previously mentioned RealPlayer SP. The main thing I dislike about the program is that it creates a library and makes it difficult to store videos where I want. It has conversion capabilities but I don't know how many formats are supported. Hope this helps.

Ivan

#7 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

I also recommend RealPlayer. I haven't found any sites it can't download the video from plus it automatically puts up a button "Download this video".
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users