Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirect problem and more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 satrap

satrap

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hi guys,

I have the Google redirect problem as well. Here are some details:

My computer has been running slow and at times it just freezes for no apparent reason.

When I search Google, it displays the normal results with the normal titles, but the actual url of the site is different and I can see that there is a redirect thing going on. All the urls start with http:// 447a.r.google.com/click?q=google%20redirct&lnk=http%3A%2F%2F (I left space between http and the rest so it wouldn't turn into hyper link) and then the url form the actual site from the search results.

The redirect sites are all related to the search term, but all are what you would call sale's page. I can even see the aff id of the person whos doing this.

Sometimes when I am normally browsing, I open a new page or click on a link and all of a sudden another site pops up, whcih interestingly enough has the content blocked, and the only way to get in is to complete 1or more of their offers. I knwo a bit about CPA and affiliate marketing and this is how some CPA scammers try to make sales and leads.

Usually when the pop up window opens, the starting url shows http:// google.analytics...

Another problem is with softwares and tools I have. Without clicking on them, all of a sudden one of them pops up and asks for permission or whatever it is that it does when you are actually trying to use it, though I didn't even click on it and wasn't even using it!

I would appreciate any help. If possible, I would rather get rid of it manually (if its a file in registry that can be deleted or something like that). Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by satrap, 06 January 2011 - 11:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satrap

satrap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

I have solved the problem. I found the solution and I though I would posted here, in case if other who are having the same problem and seem to not be able to fix it with softwares and malware removers, could benefit as well.

I use this guide that was all over the internet. however, there is thing different in my case that was crucial in helping me fix it:
Removal Solution No. 3

I am on vista. I don't know if that matters or not. I a not thechy, so...

Go to Control Panel.

Click on Network and sharing center

Click "view status" in front of Local area connection

Click on properties

Highlight the ‘Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)’ option. (This is where the crucial thing was. The guide said nothing about 2 types of Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), but in my case there were 2. one was Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and the other was Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4).

Click ‘Properties’ and in the next window ensure the option ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ radio button is selected. (I did that with the first one and the setting was already right. Then I went to the second one and there was the problem. So, I changed the setting to what the guide said to set on (Obtain DNS server address automatically).

Click ‘OK’ and close.

Then I went back to Google to check it out and sure enough there were no redirects anymore and I haven't gotten any pop up ads are anything like that either. So, hopefully that was the problem solver.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup2:

-----------------------------------------------

This topic has been closed.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users