Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Connection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 denako

denako

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Two years ago, I had a problem with my computer where I go onto the internet. I just went on google.com and after a search I did, a random pop-up came up which was really weird considering I wasn't on any other website other than google search. I was like what? so I quickly X'ed out the pop-up and my browser. I wait for a minute, and nothing happens so I decide to give it another a try. A few seconds after I open my browser, to my homepage which is google.com, a huge stream of that same internet pop-up came up like 6000x times. I knew that if I let it go through, it would have overloaded my memory and probably crash my computer, so I quickly pulled the cord out the wall (not sure if thats was a good idea). I re-plugged in my computer and booted it up without internet connection and nothing happened. I'm sorry for bringing up something from two years ago, but I'm just curious to know for future references, can a virus/ or hacker open up pop-ups or control my pc if I'm not connected to the internet?

http://randomforumtitle.com - Unofficial Deadmau5 Forums

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users