Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rate conversions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OS51

OS51

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am attempting to create a compound file. It will consist of a beep, my voice, and another recording. Everything's fine, but my voice is at a lower rate than the other two sounds - they are 44100Hz, but my voice is 22050Hz. As a result, if I try to mix them, one's rate has to come up or down. If the hangup comes down, for example, it takes forever, while if my voice comes up, it sounds fast and high-pitched. As a result, I apparently need to convert my voice's rate up while maintaining its sound. I recorded it with AV Vcs Diamond voice changer. Is there a way to do this so I can mix the three sounds and come up with a final MP3 that sounds right?

Thank you!

-OS51

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

I'm not sure I understand the question,(I'm thick LOL) but it sounds to me like what you want to do is called "resample". Audacity (free) should resample your voice from 22050hz to 44100hz without changing the pitch or tempo. And export it as a new file that can be mixed with your other files.

Hope this helps.

#3 OS51

OS51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

YOU INSPIRATIONAL PERSON.

All you have to do is change the "project rate" in the lower left-hand corner and export it as an MP3. Rate converted!

THANK YOU!!!! :)

-OS51

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users