Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"combo6"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doris1

doris1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

I know I am infected. Made a "silly" mistake ! My mister frixit guy is snowed under at the moment and advised me to visit your site and search for a "combo6" download, as he came across the same problem as I have and fixed it only the other day with the "combo6" download. So at his sugestion I am here seeking your assistance please ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doris1

doris1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

sorry if I am inadvertently breaking rules here , honestly just looking for redirection if I am in the wrong place. My problem begins at startup, that every program that is launched or I successively launch myself. A banner comes up "AVG ETC ..... BAD IMAGE". I have run a scan and AVG does not find anything wrong. However I have noticed that during the scan that HKLM SOFTWARE of some sort is writen before all other REGISTRY files. I am as sure as I can be that this was not there previously = before C/....... REGISTRY FILE. After HKLM.....C/.......REGISTRY FILE.

Edited by doris1, 06 January 2011 - 05:18 PM.

#3 C.Kyuubi

C.Kyuubi

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

I would assume that the "combo6" download that you are looking for is actually Combofix, which is a very powerful tool. The moderators on this site suggest that you do not run it unless specifically instructed by them to do so, as although it is useful, it is able to make some changes that can make your computer inoperable.

I am not a staff member though, so I suggest waiting for their opinion on this matter before you do anything with the program. :) However, some detailed information does help. Describing your operating system, type of computer, and the problems the malware is giving you might help a ton.

#4 doris1

doris1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, it seems I may have made a bad start here, can only apolagise. Right here and now I can add no further detail regarding my problem other than in my previose post. Without restarting my p.c.and writing down in longhand the detail in every box that comes up with every program that is started. My p.c. is running basic VISTA 32 BIT and is a PACKED BELL REBUILD FROM P.C. WORLD U.K. with no assistance from P.BELL owing to its status , Assistance from P.C.W. is 2 arms and legs.

#5 C.Kyuubi

C.Kyuubi

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

There is a program from Piriform.com called Speccy that will give you computer specifications if you wish to run it (and are able to). It won't help at all with infections, but it does tell you the average temperature of your CPU and hard drive and puts all of the information in one place. As I said, I am not a staff member nor am I an expert, so I can't help you any further, but I do hope you find the problem. I'm dealing with one myself right now... ^.^; Good luck.

#6 doris1

doris1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

All sorted, touch wood. I miss heard the information my "mr fixit" gave me over the phone and have now been to the right place for what I was looking for, and A BIG THANKS TO "BLEEPING COMPUTER.COM".
Real sorry to all for saying wrong thing in wrong place. Hope you all forgive me, thanks to everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users