Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I win the Lottery again

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Unfortunatly the scammers continue their way into the New Year -
I did a quick check and, yes, they are already on the scammers list - :angry:

(Do not) - Flag this messageYAHOO ANNOUNCES YOU WINNER TODAY!!Thursday, 6 January, 2011 11:17 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"YAHOO LOTTERY" <yahlottt8@peoplepc.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipients

Lottery

YAHOO INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY ASIA BRANCH OFFICE THAILAND!

Yahoo! Mail announces you as one of the 5, lucky winners in the ongoing Yahoo lottery Award of Held on 1st of January 2011.

All (5) winning email addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international emails each from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually, consequently, you have been approved for a total pay out of ONE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS ( $1, 000. 000.00 USD)

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have operational base.

Further more your details (e-mail address) falls within our Bangkok representative office in Bangkok Thailand, as indicated in your play coupon and your prize of ( $1, 000.000.00USD) will be released to you from this regional branch office in Bangkok Thailand.

Your fund is now deposited with our Bank/Security Company in Bangkok Thailand and insured in your name. Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this award from public notice until your claim has been processed, and your winning Cheque have being sent to you or remitted to your account, as this is part of our security protocol, to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking of advantage of this program by participants, as has happened in the past.

To begin your lottery claims, Please contact our Yahoo Lottery Co-ordinator as follows.

NAME: MR. KANE TONG IVA.
Email: coodinator.comrkaneiva@asia. com
Tel: + (6)-84-5633-51.

You are to send the completed verification form below to the co-ordinator whose email address is given above so that you will be advised on what to do to get your prize money. Congratulations once more!!

A. Name:
B. Address:
C. Telephone number:
D. Private Telephone:
E. Occupation:
F. Age:
G. Sex:
H. Nationality:
I. Email:
J. Country of Origin:
Country of Residence and work:
Awarded Date:

Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than 30th of JANUARY 2011. Any winning prize not claim by this date will be returned to HER MAJESTY DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY. And also be informed that 10% of your lottery winning belongs to (THE PROMOTIONS COMPANY). Because they are the company that bought your ticket and played the lottery in your name.

Note also that this 10% will be remitted after you have received your winnings prize, because the money is insured in your name already.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference and Lucky numbers in all correspondences with us, Furthermore, should there be any change of address, please do inform our Co-ordinator as soon as possible. Yahoo lottery is a free service that does not require you to be a Yahoo Registered user.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Once again from all members of our staff and thank you for being a part of our International Promotions program.

We wish you continued good fortunes.

Mrs. Tina Akira
President Yahoo! Lotto Org!

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
hp://ww.peoplepc.com

Edited to remove live links -

Edited by noknojon, 06 January 2011 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Ahh another with Dr. Raymond Hisashi and the Mrs. They are still going since 2007.

EDIT: THESE ARE SCAMS
subject: YAHOO! LOTTERY WINNING NOTIFICATION

LOTTERY RESULTS 2007
Yahoo!! International Lottery Organization
Bangkok Branch Office
Address: 3 Rajdamnern Avenue
Bangkok 10200 Thailand

Yahoo! Mail announces you as one of the 25 lucky winners in the ongoing 12 Years Yahoo lottery Award of the New Year Held on 7th the April 2007. All 25 winning email addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international emails each from Canada , Australia , United States , Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually, consequently, you have been approved for a total pay out of ONE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS ( $1,000. 000.000 USD)

This Lottery was promoted and sponsored by a conglomerate of some multinational companies as part of their social responsibility to the citizens in the communities where they have operational base.

Further more your details(e-mail address) falls within our Bangkok representative office in bangkok thailand, as indicated in your play coupon and your prize of ( $1,000.000.00USD) will be released to you from this regional branch office in Bangkok Thailand.

Your fund is now deposited with our Bank/Security Company Bangkok Thailand and insured in your name. Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keepthis award from public notice until your claim has been processed, and your winning Cheque have being sent to you or remitted to your account, as this is part of our security protocol, to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking of advantage of this program by participants, as has happened in the past.

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE
These are your identification numbers.
Ticket number.....................085-12876077-09
Serial number.......................51390-0
Lucky number...................03-05-12-14-28-38
Ref number...................N.EGS/3662367114/13

To begin your lottery claims, Please contact our Yahoo! Lottery co-ordinatoras follows,
Email: <123gloy@asia->
Name: Kane Iva ??? I've edited so someone won't actyally still callTel: +(66)8733
You are to send the completed verification form below to the co-ordinator whose email address is given above so that you will be advised on what to do to get your prize money. Congratulations once more!!

1. FULL NAME
2. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
3. PRESENT ADRESS.
4. DATE OF BIRTH
5. OCCUPATION
6. TELEPHONE NUMBER
6. FAX NUMBER
7. MARITAL STATUS
8. WINNING NUMBER, BATCH NUMBER AND LOTTO NUMBER.

Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than 30th of October 2007. Any claim not made by this date will be returned to HER MAJESTYS DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY. And also be informed that 10% of your lottery winning belongs to (THE PROMOTIONS COMPANY). Because they are the company that bought your ticket and played the lottery in your name. Note also that this 10% will be remitted after you have received your winnings prize, because the money is insured in your name already.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference and batch numbers in all correspondences with us, Furthermore, should there be any change of address, please do inform our Co-ordinator as soon as possible.

An original copy of your lucky winning ticket and your deposit certificate will be sent to you by Administrative Remittance Operation Manager of Siam City Bank Bangkok Thailand.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Once again from all members of our staff and thank you for being a part of our International Promotions program. We wish you continued good fortunes.

Yours Sincerely,
DR. Raymond Hisashi
Vice President
Yahoo! Lotto Org.

Ms Tina Akira,
President
Yahoo! Lotto Org.

Edited by boopme, 12 January 2011 - 04:36 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 davecatterall

davecatterall

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Boopme,

Be very aware that I think it is a scam, because I have been waiting since 2007 for my money and it still has not arrived yet. :angry:

dave :hysterical:

#4 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yahoo! Mail announces you as one of the 5, lucky winners in the ongoing Yahoo lottery Award of Held on 1st of January 2011.

Lucky you! Congratulations with this.

:whistle: I will say: Don't walk in the trap.
When I see this sort messages, than the bells ringing, you know.
The possibility is also that when you visit their site, that the spammer trace your computer data.
Think about Rogue software.
In that spam message can the spammer built in something that he or she can trace somebody's computer.
When I got spam in mine e-mail box for post-box in, than I remove this immediately.

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Dont forget to share it with everyone at BC!

I'll take my cut in unmarked twenties please :police:
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 noknojon

noknojon
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

If I replied to ANY of these scams I would be totally stupid - Newbees please delete these items as soon as they hit your in box -
This was posted more as a warning to new people not to fall for these scams -
As said I have won these items several times over the past 6 months , plus I have had millions left by deceased relatives (in Uganda and Nigeria) -

#7 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

I find it sad to hear the stories of people tricked into these schemes as they get swept away in the moment of the win.
Only to find that they have offered their very personal info to these tricksters.
You would think that when thousands in money is pulled out of a bank and moved into another the authoritys could simply go to that bank and arrest the crook.

Somebody I actually know responded to an ad on a website (unbeknownst to me) to buy a car for less than half it's value. I won't go into the scam because it is a common one that I thought everybody knew about.
He with trust in his heart believed every word. He wired them alot of money that had taken him years to save.
And when the car never showed reality slowly dawned.
Reminds me of malware

#8 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

I win the Lottery again

When this is true, than is it weird that I am not a Millionaire.
Few years ago, got I the same subject in my Yahoo box.
At that moment was I not so known with Viruses, Trojans and other vulnerable stuff.
So I took a change and gave my reply, I can sure you, I am not a poor man, but also not rich.
Now am I on Internet few years further and I know what Viruses, Trojans and Rogue software is, I say and I stay with that saying, people maybe do you thinking, this sort messages is true, don't believe that guys and ladies, when you read this sort messages and you let see, that you do exist, than get you more and more Spam, believe me.

I was from 2003 to 2010 7 years a member of Pc Pitstop forum and from my good friends Juliet and Jacee have I many things learned on that case.
I must saying that I am not a Hijackthis expert but I do know lot of things on that area, so by my ex membership on the Pit, do I know that it is stupid when you give you're response.
Note: Thank you my girls that in the period that I was a Pitmember, you have learned me what you must not doing on Internet.

I say exact the same, what I did tell earlier: People don't walk in the trap from the spammers.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

Just to make it clear that these postings are loking about the fact that these Email notifications ARE SCAMS

Email Scam Alert
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Yes Boopme, now I do know this.
We are many years further, at least I am many years further with Internet and what you got expect, so I don't make the fault anymore.
That I made that fault many years ago, was a beginning fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users