Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba satillite laptop L350-170-Black screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hixxstar

hixxstar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

As titles say's.... Black screen of Death...
Toshiba satellite laptop L350-170
vista home premium 32bit

specs here;
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?PRODUCT_ID=1058332&DISC_MODEL=1&service=UK#0

my 14yr nephew slammed the laptop shut.. with force while on !!!... snapped off 1 of the lid clips too... still closes & locks shut with 1 clip
on boot black screen, but boots ok into OS(can see with a torch shined onto the screen)also connected via VGA to spare monitor, all ok..
i replaced the inverter... still the same... black screen !!
so, i have output from the graphics... all items & icons onscreen (but black screen) using external monitor i've used the laptop for several hours ect... ok
new inverter... no change ? ... taken battery out to discharge any static,removed memory & tried 1 stick, 2 stick ect.. blew out the fan off any dust ect.. spins freely
checked Hdd connection... ok . ...
any idea's ???
also the fan only spins for 2-3 seconds on boot-up then stops... jeeeez... it's been ok till today !!.... Any help or idea's greatly recieved

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Boot up in safe mode and use the built in system restore utility. When running your system in safe mode, you can still access all the recent restore points created by the system restore utility. Run your system from the last known ‘good configuration’. On the other hand, if you know a recent software installation is the cause, then restore to the point created at that date.

http://www.windowsvistauserguide.com/system_restore.htm

#3 hixxstar

hixxstar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

yeah, i was thinking that.... or the last windows update ?...
i was hoping to fix the scren with a new inverter... as i can see stuff on the screen..... just

thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users