Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Lenovo SL400 with Win XP agp to agp to TV will not work. Please help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Syndicate8

Syndicate8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:28 AM

I'm running a lenovo SL400 with Windows XP just reinstalled in place of the Vista Basic (I did a FULL reinstall by reformatting my hard drive). I went on the lenovo drivers site and tried 3 out of 3 of their video drivers and only 1 worked, so apparently my version did not have the 2 geforce video card upgrades but rather the Mobile Intel 4 Chipset Series ones with 256 mb of ram. I plugged a vga cable to link up to my TV (Sharp Aquos 32inch 1080p) and it will not show a display. It just the "on" looking black screen. I've already went to both my Intel provided and basic Windows display settings and tried not only cloning and extending the view area, but also tried to do them both on every resolution listed and it still did not work. Prior to reformatting it sort of worked, it would pick up a signal but it would be way off proportions and the screen would constantly flash and disappear and reappear but I could see the stuff, it was just not usable...it would flicker hardcore. I did a dxdiag and looked at everything on the display and one thing that is missing on the DirectX features is "AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available." Could this be the problem? And if so, how can I get AGP acceleration? And if it still doesn't work? What else could it be? Your answer is very much appreciated, sorry about the long explanation, but I wanted to be thorough and let you know the steps I've already troubleshooted myself.

Edited by hamluis, 06 January 2011 - 10:18 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users