Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Self Taught Newbie

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 irishred

irishred

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Well as the title says I taught myself to use a computer. I'm one of those people born in the age of little tiny black and white tv sets. I was scared to death of computers. I thought I needed a engineering degree to operate one of those things. I tried to get my son to teach me, but like many young people, he got a little impatient with me. One time, he'd say, to get to this, you need to click, click, click and click. I said wait a minute, can you go back to at least 3 clicks and tell me what each of those clicks means. His eyes started to glazed over. I knew then that I cannot rely on him as well-meaning as he meant to be. Well, I have been at this for 12 years now. I have learned the very basic workings of the internet, software, etc. I also discovered buying new books on computers can get outdated in 6 months. So now, I go to forums whenever I have questions or want to learn something new. I very rarely register in forums until now. I want to fix some problems and learn about them so I can prevent them from happening again. I've read so much about bleepingcomputer.com. It's gotten so popular, I was afraid that they would close the registration like demonoid has. So here I am and I am ever so glad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users