Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Software Alert help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ledundead

Ledundead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

Hello! I'm new to this whole website, but I've looked all over for help on this and found nothing that could actually help solve my friend's problem.

I've read a few things on this virus before, and the suggestions posted may work for my friend, but sadly, the virus is preventing add/remove programs from working.

When most files are clicked (including rkill), the virus claims "Application could not be executed. The file *** is infected."

My friend has no professional antivirus system on their computer, but I had her install Avast after the virus entered, which stopped the large red pop ups.

Malwarebytes found nothing, even on a full scan in safe mode. If possible, I would bring a USB/CD with a clean version of Malwarebytes over, but there's just no way to do that right now.

Her computer runs for about 4 or so minutes before whatever open applications freeze.

If necessary, I could get her set up on these forums to reply directly. She'd probably reply over iPhone, but could also on her computer if absolutely necessary.

Please help! Her computer is the only way she can contact a lot of her good friends, and they all miss her! Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by Ledundead, 06 January 2011 - 03:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Hello and :welcome: to the BC forums.

Have a look at the following removal guide: How to remove AV Security Suite (Uninstall Guide)

Is this the malware you are dealing with?

If not, have a look at the following link: Virus, Spyware, & Malware Removal Guides

If you cannot see there, the name of the malware that you have, enter the exact name in the search box under "Search Guides", on the right-hand side of the page, and search for the appropriate guide.

Let us know if you can't find a guide that matches your infection.

If you do find the appropriate guide, follow the instructions closely.
  • You said: "When most files are clicked (including rkill), the virus claims "Application could not be executed. The file *** is infected.""
    When that happens, leave the message on the screen and run another version of rkill .... there are a number of differently named versions on the rkill download page. Continue trying to run rkill until it does run successfully. Post the log too, please.
  • Ensure that you do have the latest version of MBAM (1.50) AND that you do update the MBAM database definitions to the latest available.
The MBAM log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please post the logs and let us know how the system is running now.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users