Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Properly using a touchpad on a HP Pavilion dv7-4087cl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

Hey guys. I'm going to be receiving a new laptop pc in a couple of days, which will be a HP Pavilion dv7-4087cl. Now, it is indeed a computer that I will be very happy with, especially after reading most of the reviews. However, I noticed a trend within most of the reviews. I heard that the touchpad is okay and manageable by some, yet being plain awful from others. Now, I know it is a cheap imitation of the touchpads on recent Apple Macbooks, but I'm sure that HP's pad cannot be as bad as several people claim.

So, I just wanted to add this post in hopes of understanding how to properly and effectively operate the HP with its touchpad once it comes. By learning now, I would be preventing frustrations and headaches later. Also, I'd like others' opinions about the HP DV7 touchpad from those with experience of using one. Here's a short list of what I want to know:

The proper way to use this type of touchpad in terms of finger placement and ergonomics (clicking, scrolling, etc.)

How to effectively use its multigesture functions (even though I heard they are mostly unresponsive).

Turning off the multigesture functions

Understanding how to prevent cursor from unintentionally jumping from one part of a page to another (ex: jumping from one line to another while trying to type a paper; so annoying from old laptop).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users