Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feedback Issues over headset when speakers are not on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ftrog

ftrog

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hello!

Currently I am having some issues with my headset. While playing with friends online and using the voice chat on Steam my friends can hear the sounds my game is making coming through the microphone. They shouldn't be able to hear any sound other than my voice since the speakers are turned off and my headset is closed around my ears. Any thoughts? I attached a Dxdiag file for my computer specs. The headphones in question are Razor Carcharias headphones. Any input is appreciated! I kind of feel I need a sound card to fix this issue but would like confirmation.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

Are you using front panel connections or rear connections? If your using the front try the rear and see if the problem persist, there could be feedback issues with the front panel connections due to the routing of the cable inside the case. What types of sounds are they hearing? The actual game or just feedback?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 ftrog

ftrog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Are you using front panel connections or rear connections? If your using the front try the rear and see if the problem persist, there could be feedback issues with the front panel connections due to the routing of the cable inside the case. What types of sounds are they hearing? The actual game or just feedback?

Hey Sneak, thanks for your reply. I am actually using the front panel connections on the case for the headphone and mic. I will try the back jacks tonight hopefully and let you know what happens. They are hearing the game sound of my game.

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

Yes, try the back, it sounds like the front panels werent shielded properly and the feedback of the actual game through the mic is the audio signal crossing over where the connections are in the computer. If the problem persists with the rear connections, then i would suggest a similiar problem is occuring withing the headset or wires for it.

Do you have or know anyone else with another headset to test?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#5 ftrog

ftrog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Alright. Here is an update. Basically I tried the port on the back and there wasn't any sound going through that my friend could tell, however I cannot use the line out on the back of the PC for the headset as it doesn't push any audio through to the headset and the computer notices it is incorrect and says not to do it that way. So I decided to try Skype with my buddy using the front ports, there is no audio feedback when using Skype. Another friend was testing his headset on Steam so I tested with him and we both hear feedback from one anothers mics. So this may be a Steam related issue rather than a hardware issue. I will try a different headset tomorrow night if I can find one.

#6 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

Very good diagnoistic, I will check my steam settings when I get home from work today.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users