Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Stop 0x0000007F (0x0000000D,......

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mukku

Mukku

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hello,

Can someone please help me in getting rid off this blue screen that I get at the time of reboot. I tried booting in safe mode and other modes comes when using F8 or F12 key. I can't bypass this screen, it comes back to blue screen no matter what I try.
I have a feeling this happened because, other day I was uninstalling some software from my laptop and I remember uninstalling "Live Update of Syman tech" I am using Mc Afee anti virus software now so I thought of removing Syman tech completely from my system.
And now I have been trying and trying read lots of articles on Google about blue screen of death but didn't find anything that could help me. Didn't add any new hardware or software recently, except deleted some as I mentioned above.

Dell Inspiron 6400 (Bought it in 2007)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Need more information please email me at Mod Edit: Email Removed
Thank You !

Edited by Blade Zephon, 06 January 2011 - 12:53 AM.
Email Address removed to protect member. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

You may have had a hardware failure. One thing to try: If you have more than one stick of ram, remove one and try to boot.
If same result, put that one back, and remove next one.

Can you read what blue screen says?

Frank O' The Mountain
Doing more stupid before 5AM than most people do all day.

#3 Mukku

Mukku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Frank, Thanks for your response. To be honest with you I don't know if I have more than one stick of RAM and how can remove it? Don't know much about computers :)
Anyway yes I can read what blue screen say.....
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen.
Restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Run a system diagnostic utility supplies by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.
Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. Disable or remove any newly installed software. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.
Technical Information:
***STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thanks once again for replying to my message

#4 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

dell support for your laptop/how to change ram

Step by step here.
You might only have one stick of ram.

Frank O' The Mountain

#5 Mukku

Mukku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

So you think it's hardware after reading the blue screen? And you think I have only one stick of RAM?

#6 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

You have to open up at the bottom and look to find out. You need a small phillips head screwdriver.

It mentions memory, so I would look first to see if they (or it) are seated properly for starts.

Sometimes just taking them out and putting back in can cure this. Or switching them.

Just go nice and easy. They have 2 little metal clips on either side. You need to move one of them outward a little so the ram goes up past the clip a hair.
Then do the same on the other side. After this gently pull up and out. Kind of a lock and load thing. They go in at an angle, then lock down into the clips.

If there are two, take out the one that says "B" first, and try to boot laptop.

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 05 January 2011 - 11:41 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain

#7 Mukku

Mukku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Hey Frank,
I am trying to do what you asked me to do: this is the message I got The amount of system memory has changed if you did not change your memory....
To resolve this issue, try to reseat the memory
Strike F1 Key to Continue, F2 to run the setup utility Press F5 to run onboard diagnostic

What should I do?

Thanks

#8 FrankOtheMountaiN

FrankOtheMountaiN

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hit F1. It will nag each time the system changes (one time). It's normal. If you took one out, it will nag.

So were there 2 stcks of ram in there?

Edited by FrankOtheMountaiN, 10 January 2011 - 10:15 PM.

Frank O' The Mountain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users