Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I installed an HD 4670 agp and now headphones dont work properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Igrac

Igrac

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

I installed an HD 4670 AGP into a Dell Optiplex GX270. The sound works from the speakers which are plugged into the back of the computer. I like to use headphones using the front headphone jack.

When i do this sound comes out of the left headphone speaker and the right computer speaker. So the computer is recognizing the headphones but is splitting the audio between the two.

When i installed the card a new device was installed ATI High Definition Audio Device. I have disabled it and the problem still persists. I have uninstalled it but when i restart the computer it is back.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

Uninstall drivers. When you reinstall drivers, select "custom", navigate through till you get to the driver install page and deselect the audio drivers.

You should still be able to set the motherboard audio to default though without having to uninstall anything. Odd problem as I have installed more than a few 4XXX and 5XXX cards without audio problems like this.

Edited by dpunisher, 05 January 2011 - 08:23 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

Let us know if the above does not fix your problem. The reason audio drivers are installing is the card likely supports Audio over HDMI.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Igrac

Igrac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

I uninstalled both the ATI driver and the SoundMax integrated digital audio(which i installed after a fresh install of XP). After i restarted the computer both of them were back on the device manager.

A note: When i started the computer it did not make the Windows XP start noise as it normally does. After a couple seconds the screen flashed black then back to the background. I looked at the device manager and both drivers were still there

I tried with multiple headphones

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

<_<
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Igrac

Igrac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

i guess im just gonna say screw it. I will put a female/male auxilary cord in the back port and just string it to the front and switch it from there. Yes, that was a run on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users