Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Download Programs - Get Setup.exe Fatal Error: 80004005 code

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jcali

jcali

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

I get this pop up message Setup.exe Fatal Error: 80004005 code when I try to download Trademaven.com onto my computer. My PC is a desktop I've had since 2004, Systemax from Global Direct. It broke last year and I couldn't fix it so I got a new laptop. But now I got it running again. Found out the monitor died. R&R monitor now it's working again but it is not letting me download certain programs. It let me download Hijackthis, and I ran it and made a copy of the log. Would this help? I don't know how to interpret the data.

I hooked up an HP officejet 4200 printer today, and installed a second monitor; I recieved a VDI to VGA adapter I needed today. I also had problems with the computer locking up whenever it sat idle for a short time, but I downloaded a free registry cleaner yesterday called Eusing Free Registry Cleaner and my PC no longer locks up.

I've googled the error message but I was unable to find anything I could use to fix this.

Thanking you in advance for any help you can offer.
Joe

Edited by jcali, 05 January 2011 - 05:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Hi jcali -
First I would go to Control Panel > Add Remove and make sure all traces of the Trademaven.com program are removed, just to be safe -
I found this quote on that company during the time I was researching it -

Trademaven TPT is it a scam? Sure seems like it?They use the address of the Chicago Board of Trade, which is a valid and existing address, but there is no mention of any 'business' named 'Trademaven' operating there. It's just trying to 'legitimatize' him by using a known address.

There was an article with it (a bit long to post here) but if I am wrong please tell me now so that I can rephrase this answer -
Do not post any logs etc, here unless you think there may be infections involved and I can redirect the post -
You can run a disk check also with this code below - Copy/paste it in the Run Box, close all open programs and the computer will reboot in 30 seconds after you click on OK -
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30
This will take 30 to 45 mins to run, so please let it finish its 5 stage check/repair -
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 08 January 2011 - 03:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users