Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.FakeAV Issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Crys314

Crys314

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm a pretty computer savvy person. I have pop-ups blocked on my work computer. I was checking my Yahoo! mail and a pop-up appeared. I didn't close out of it fast enough, and it installed the virus Trojan.FakeAV to my work computer. That night, I ran a Symantec Endpoint System scan on my computer. It pulled up three locations of this virus, I deleted them all. My computer seems to be running normally (speed, etc). However, after getting rid of the virus, I had to change the proxy server on my Firefox to get my internet to work again. Internet Explorer cannot connect to the internet. My WeatherBug cannot connect to the internet. When I receive email via Outlook, it cannot download any pictures from any sender.

A friend told me to download Malwarebytes and run a Quick Scan on my computer. I did that and it detected five viruses. I was going to attach the log for this scan, but I cannot find it on my computer. I'm currently running a full scan to see if that helps. I quarantined and then removed the viruses found by Malwarebytes, but my IE still cannot connect and I'm still not getting pictures in my email.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix that?

---EDIT: The second Malwarebytes scan just finished and it came up with no infections.

Edited by Crys314, 05 January 2011 - 05:44 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users