Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terrencej31

terrencej31

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hard Disk needs Data Recovery done to it or so I am told. I have a Samsung Model: HD103UJ Samsung SpinPoint F1 Desktop Class 1 TB Internal hard drive - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm. I turned on PC and heard clicking noise and XP did not locate the Hard Disk. I purchase a case today to convert it into a External Hard Drive. I plug the it in the USB port and nothing. I use my laptop and nothing, no sound, nothing at all. The Hard Disk did not smell like it was burning nor does it have any flaws on it as if it was damage. I checked with some Data Recovery Companies and the prices are from $500 to $2700 dollars. Is it any other way?

Will this work?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by hamluis, 05 January 2011 - 05:40 PM.
Moved from XP forum to External Hardwware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Hi, how old is this drive?? I ask as some bigger company's will replace the drive and attempt to rescue data, i would contact maker of your drive and ask if they have a solution!!.
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 terrencej31

terrencej31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hi, how old is this drive?? I ask as some bigger company's will replace the drive and attempt to rescue data, i would contact maker of your drive and ask if they have a solution!!.

I had this built for a program called DigiDesign Pro Tools. It has part from everywhere. My Samsung Hard Disk is not even a year old but all the warranty will do is replace. I need Data back, I feel they should pay for it. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users