Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

“AntiVirus Scan” and other threats removed, probably more still hiding.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brian_m_a

brian_m_a

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hi,

A friend reported strange behavior on his computer and has asked for my help. I know when I am over my head, so hear I am, asking for your help.

1. Multiple pop-ups about various infections, could not access flash drive from Windows explorer, AntiVirus Scan app was present. Followed instructions on this site (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-scan) to remove AntiVirus scan.

2. Downloaded and ran Super Anti Spyware. SAS found and removed “rogue.pallidium” (this is correct spelling, no symptoms of “Palladium Pro”)

3. Ran Malwarebytes again, nothing found

4. Performed ESET online scan. ESET found and removed “JS/Exploit.pdfka.OMG.Gen Trojan”

I suspect other threats remain on the machine, but I do not have the knowledge to find and clean it on my own. I will not do anything else until instructed.

Thanks in advance,

Brian A.

P.S.
Nothing has been updated since the last time this PC was infected (can’t remember exactly when). EVERYTHING is out of date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users