Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ps3 Vs XBox 360

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Ps3 Vs XBox 360 (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Ps3 Vs Xbox 360. Which is better?

1. Voted Ps3 (40 votes [60.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.61%

2. Xbox 360 (26 votes [39.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

So which gaming console is better?

Of course, "Better" is subjective, and thus it'd be better to talk in terms of:

--> Graphics

--> Online and offline features

--> Hardware

--> Kinect Vs. Move

Blag Away! :busy:

CrimsonSpider
"Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job."
(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Danny14

Danny14

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

By far, PS3. I own a PS3 and have had 0 issues, some friends of mine have left Xbox and gone to PS3 mostly due to hardware issues. Also look at the big picture, Microsoft makes electronics and software full of flaws (ex: Windows Vista). Sony is like the Mac of the gaming world. Better hardware, no problems.
There is only one thing the PS3 doesn't have: Halo, so if your not a die hard Halo fan, which im not.. its not a big deal and not worth the online bills.

Ps3 is better for several reasons:

1.Cheaper Prices (Free Online, get more for what you pay for, etc.)

2.Blue Ray Player

3.Better PS3 Online store for down loadable games/content.

4.Better exclusive series.

5.Graphics depend on game but some argue better textures and vividness in the PS3

6.Hardware explains itself...PS3 has no "red ring of death" or doesn't require a cooling system or external hard drives like Xbox does.

7.The PS3 main menu in my opinion is simple and makes web browsing, settings, friends, etc. very accessible. Xbox's main menu is confusing and often has advertisements.

8. The Playstation move is defiantly better than the kinect because of the following: does not lag as much, cheaper, more sensitive than wii and Xbox, etc. Downsides you have to hold a wand (like the wii) which I rather do anyway.

Hope this helps, Go Playstation! :woot:

#3 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

By far, PS3. I own a PS3 and have had 0 issues, some friends of mine have left Xbox and gone to PS3 mostly due to hardware issues. Also look at the big picture, Microsoft makes electronics and software full of flaws (ex: Windows Vista). Sony is like the Mac of the gaming world. Better hardware, no problems.
There is only one thing the PS3 doesn't have: Halo, so if your not a die hard Halo fan, which im not.. its not a big deal and not worth the online bills.

Ps3 is better for several reasons:

1.Cheaper Prices (Free Online, get more for what you pay for, etc.)

2.Blue Ray Player

3.Better PS3 Online store for down loadable games/content.

4.Better exclusive series.

5.Graphics depend on game but some argue better textures and vividness in the PS3

6.Hardware explains itself...PS3 has no "red ring of death" or doesn't require a cooling system or external hard drives like Xbox does.

7.The PS3 main menu in my opinion is simple and makes web browsing, settings, friends, etc. very accessible. Xbox's main menu is confusing and often has advertisements.

8. The Playstation move is defiantly better than the kinect because of the following: does not lag as much, cheaper, more sensitive than wii and Xbox, etc. Downsides you have to hold a wand (like the wii) which I rather do anyway.

Hope this helps, Go Playstation! :woot:

Thanks for your input! :thumbup2:

I personally felt the same way.

I own a ps3 myself, and saw that some of the gaming series that i previously loved 5-10 years ago moved to Xbox.

And i'm pretty much a retro gamer, so i was really torn between the two.

However, now, companies are distributing between all major consoles, so i can't really complain!

CrimsonSpider
"Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job."

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Why post such a topic? I'm sure fanboy's on either side are going to descend on this post, kind of like which is better, Mac or PC? As for which one is actually better, it depends on what you play and on which platform the titles are released for. Keep in mind that both the 360 and PS3 are differently designed, with the PS3 using the Cell processor and the 360 favoring a more standard PC design. This means that games can be more difficult to design for on the PS3 and ports of popular titles can show problems, but, if the game designer takes advantage of the architecture, they can create truly astounding games. Microsoft has been attempting to buy their way to gaming greatness with timed exclusives. A title, or DLC, gets released only for the 360 for a set amount of time before coming to any other system. Sony loves certain exclusive titles, but aren't willing to keep some titles exclusive, such as Final Fantasy XIII. PS3 doesn't get the RROD but it does get the YLOD, but at a far lower rate. I've had my 60GB launch PS3 for years and haven't had any problems yet.

3939.png

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'm actually gonna buy the new XBOX 360 which has some hardware improvements. When i get it i'm gonna put it on my laptop cooler which has a massive 12cm hoping it will ease the heat down. Also i have to agree with what DJBPace said and the reason i'm buying a 360 is because of the kinect.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

Why post such a topic?

If i didn't, somebody else would. And why not?

It's nice to hear what other people think before buying a console.

CrimsonSpider

#7 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

For me, personally, I have to say PS3.

360 is a good system, but it all comes down to what you want. I prefer the PS3 exclusives(Uncharted Series, Killzone, and MGS4) over 360 exclusives(Gears of War, Halo, L4D). And the free online is a plus. I've played 360 many times but I just prefer PS3 overall.

Not to mention due to the power of the PS3, only 2 games have "maxed it out" unlike the 360 which several games in the past 2 years have maxed out. PS3 is alot more future proof, and Microsoft will need to come up with a new system in the next year or so and the PS3 has the potential of lasting for 4-5 more years.

Just my opinion.

#8 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

As an owner of both consoles, I'd have to say the PS3. In addition to the reasons stated above, I also hate the idea of paying for Live when there are also advertisements on the dashboard.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#9 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

imo ...u get what u pay for LIVE is a better multiplayer field and program than what ps3 has to offer...just imo lol (coming from a guy who only plays online and rarely plays single player but once to beat it)

#10 ex0dus

ex0dus

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

im an xbox 360 owner and i'd prefer the ps3. if the wii and ps3 can connect to a wireless connection for free and microsoft wants $100 to let you have the xbox 360 do so, that gives you an idea of where im coming from. i think both consoles have great titles and are equal in terms of gaming performance. owning a ps3 is cheaper and i would get the core things i have with an xbox 360: netflix, online multiplayer, wireless capability. having bluray would be nice as well. so save the $60 for an xbox live gold account, $100 for wireless-n adapter, and another $100 for hd-dvd. you get all of this included in the ps3 for the same price as a 360, except it's bluray and not hd-dvd thank goodness.

#11 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

im an xbox 360 owner and i'd prefer the ps3. if the wii and ps3 can connect to a wireless connection for free and microsoft wants $100 to let you have the xbox 360 do so, that gives you an idea of where im coming from. i think both consoles have great titles and are equal in terms of gaming performance. owning a ps3 is cheaper and i would get the core things i have with an xbox 360: netflix, online multiplayer, wireless capability. having bluray would be nice as well. so save the $60 for an xbox live gold account, $100 for wireless-n adapter, and another $100 for hd-dvd. you get all of this included in the ps3 for the same price as a 360, except it's bluray and not hd-dvd thank goodness.

Haha, I totally agree dude!

CrimsonSpider

#12 CrimsonSpider

CrimsonSpider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Oh, and how did you become a Malware Sophomore?

xD

CrimsonSpider

#13 The Viking

The Viking

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Personally, anything the x-box 360 can offer, the PS3 can offer as well, but better and free. The PS3 at least you don't have to pay to use the internet browser online, and my favourite part is that you can still Stream Movies from your computer through Vuze onto your PS3 as well with the x-box 360. The controllers are smaller, and require no batteries and you do not have to buy a charger battery for the controllers because they are already included. Microsoft is just a money making company, and i would like to buy as little from them as possible.
The Viking

"He’s a wise man who knows himself.(HR, c.7), There is a time for everything.(GS, c.73), What is done shall be told all the same.(GS, c.40), Reputation rarely flatters. (BS, c.2) {The Icelandic Saga's}"

#14 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

I would usually buy the extra accessories from Ebay because it is cheaper then the retailers.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#15 zaneown3d

zaneown3d

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

i have both and they both are good but i would like to point out that ps3's youtube is messed up but at least you can go on the internet at all for ps3, xbox doesnt even have youtube or any of that. and i argue with my friend between this and he says xbox you disconnect less, i disagree saying that it matters on who provides your internet because i dont dis-connect on either soo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users