Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.



  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bowhuntmaster


  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:43 AM

Where can I find software to jbod two 250 gig HD's into one 500 gig Hard drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 acklan


    Bleepin' cat's meow

  • Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Baton Rouge, La.
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:36 PM

If you are talking about creating a large C:\ partition you will need either RAID software or hardware to "Stripe" the information to the drives. This is referred to as RAID 0. ( url=http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/reviews/1611/2/]see article[/url] )
Hardware RAID is preferred to over software. Hardware RAID involves installing a RAID card that supports your drives type, EIDE, SATA, SCSI,..
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users