Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing after startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helphelphelp13

helphelphelp13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi thanks for the help

I am running an HP Pavillion dv4 1225dx with 64bit. It started freezing a little bit after startup. Everything still shows the windows I have up just starts saying its not responding and then finally the mouse still moves but just starts spinning and ctrl/alt/delte doesn't work either and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Then the audio stopped working and even somehow disinstalled itself. I have run malwarebytes, AVG, superantispyware and have come up with Mal/JavaJar-A, Mal/Fake AV-EA, Adware.Hotbar, and Trojan.Dropper. I deleted them but somethings are still off. I tried to download another IDT audio driver from HP website but while installing it, it says that access is denied. Therefore, I think there is still trojans or viruses on my computer. I have run HiJackThis and have a log.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 feldejak

feldejak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

If you can get into device manager, you can right click on your computer name at the top of the list and click on scan for hardware changes. This should find your hardware and install the drivers automatically. You can always resort to a reinstall of your os.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users