Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading Trouble- Test Due For School- Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wacket1

wacket1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:43 PM

having problems downloading any new programs (kodak picture printing, authorware player, etc,). My windows xp will only let me save these programs to disk. the option to save it to my desktop or anything else does'nt exist, when I click on it nothing happens. I'm not the best with computers and I used HiJack this and deleted what I thought were bad. I hope I did'nt delete something that allows me to download programs. I got 6 weeks worth of homework and 1 1/2 weeks to do it. I talked to the authorware people and the IT guy at my university ( for hours upon hours) and they want me to erase everything on my computer and start it over completly. Can you help me???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

When it give you the option to save to disk is there a drop down box that allows you to select a drive? If so select the folder manually thru C:\ . Is the rest of your computer working OK? Do you have you XP disk? You may need to repair it thru the "REPAIR CONSOLE" if you are have more problems. If you can download and install the way I described, do that and we will "CHKDSK" form the "REPAIR CONSOLE" after your semister is over.
You are lucky you can even boot your computer. HJT it very dangerous to modify. That is why we don't recommend tweaking it without advice from the HJT Team.
Good luck and keep us up on your progress.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:26 AM

How to perform a repair install

If you need full read/write access to your hdd so you can copy off your data before you wipe the drive UBCD4Win will give you full access and allow you to rescue your data.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:43 AM

When you click Save to Disk, what exactly happens?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users