Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rolling back network adapter drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 woejipums

woejipums

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

I am using a P5QL Pro motherboard and I recently reinstalled windows7 as I purchased a new hard drive. I am all up and running except that every time I reboot my PC I must either roll back or reinstall my network drivers for my internet to work. When I do either of these, it works instantly.

Device manager shows all of my devices with no errors when my internet is not working...until I roll back the driver, and then when I change them it shows "Ethernet Controller" under unknown devices with an exclamation on it.

Atheros Ethernet controller is shown with no errors at all times whether the internet is up or not.

it's just annoying, not something i can't live with but I would prefer not to have to reinstall windows again eventually.

I have tried both versions of the driver that ASUS offers on their website and neither does the trick.

Thanks in advance

Edited by woejipums, 04 January 2011 - 07:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 odin88

odin88

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Hi, try here for a match to your controller..... http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/atheros.html
odin88!!
our attitude toward life determins lifes attitude towards us.

#3 woejipums

woejipums
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

I have the correct drivers from the mfg website but the problem is that the drivers have to be changed every time I boot up. I either have to roll them back to the previous, or have my computer search for drivers depending on what i did the last time, and then it works...until reboot and then we start all over. For now I made a shortcut to device manager on desktop but it seems silly to have to revert/update upon every reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users