Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

f700 wont start up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 killa57

killa57

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

i have a f700 compaq presario and it dose not stay on. i see the fan turn on when i push the power button on and the lights but they turn off in a split sec after the power button gets pushed. i hear no beeps. i have bought a new battery and ac adapter but still the same. i have removed the harddrive but still the same. can someone help me troubleshoot the problem. i am very comfortable opening it up if i have to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

seems lots of people have run into this issue. hold esc key, hold power buttton 20 sec ... , personally i like the cook the motherboard in oven. i used to have to do that to a bell expressvu receiver.
good luck and happy reading.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-335521.html
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread194942.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/56202-35-what-reflow-laptop-repair

#3 killa57

killa57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

thankyou very much i have narrowed down the problem its the gpu it needs to be reflowed cause i read a certain post to press down on the keyboard w,e,r,t,s,d,f, or were you know where the gpu is set and press down with your palm and press power and hold it long enough till the screen comes on.. so it has to be a gpu reflow to fix the problem thankyou for the reply

Edited by killa57, 04 January 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#4 killa57

killa57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

Okay For Future reference i am dead broke so i had to use what i had to fix my laptop and it is working so far so good
I opened my laptop cause i was having this problem after trying to turn the laptop on. Symptoms (power button pressed once it trys to turn on three lights on bottom left turn on then turned off and no boot no noise). i thought it was a gpu or a bad ram but i pinned pointed it this place on the motherboard in the pic in the attachment.I pulled out a blow dryer and heated it up and let it cool down and tested to see if it turned on and walla it turned on. on day 2 with laptop on so far.

i dont recommend the methods i tried please try buying the right equipment to do this professionaly i take no resposibility if it dont work. Im just saying it worked for me...Try blow drying the whole board if the spot in the red circle in pic dont work just be carefull not to melt any plastics. and dont over heat cause you can ruin the motherboard.

Attached Files

Edited by killa57, 08 January 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

i'm amazed. that must be some hair blower !! i wouldn't think it would be hot enough to soften that solder. i'll keep it in mind the next time i need to reflow a component.

Edited by caperdog, 09 January 2011 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users