Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radicaljack

radicaljack

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

Edited by radicaljack, 04 January 2011 - 05:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 radicaljack

radicaljack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users