Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Logging into Websites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hotmomma44

hotmomma44

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hello. I have Windows XP and access websites. However, as of yesterday I am unable to log into Comcast email, facebook, or any other type of log in website. When logging into comcast the screen freezes, facebook provides a blank page and login options don't show up at all on other websites. I have run Norton on my machine several times and have no viruses. I have also tried restarting the computer and that didn't work. I know it is a computer problem, because I can log on to all websites from other computers, just not my home computer.

Please advise.
Thank you for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hi hotmomma44 -
Please list the Make and Model of the computer and Laptop or Desktop - Also are you running XP SP3 (fully updated) -
Next please run a disk check - Copy and paste the following code into Run Box - Close all other open programs and let the check run -
It will reboot your system 30 seconds after you click on OK in the Run Box - This is completely normal -
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30
Do not disturb the computer while it runs the check - This will take 30 to 45 mins on average and will perform a full 5 stage check/repair for you -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 04 January 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#3 hotmomma44

hotmomma44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

Thank you for your help. Okay. I ran the system check and the computer restarted.

I have an HP Media Center (PCM7000) HPF1905
I have XP 2002 Service Pack 3

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

What browser are you using?

Have you tried another browser to see if the problem persists?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

I ran the system check and the computer restarted.

Hi again -
Do you still have the same, or similar problems now - Please answer the question from dc3 if you wish to continue -

Thank You -

#6 hotmomma44

hotmomma44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:57 AM

Still having same problem except I can log into this website, which is strange.
Browser IE 8.0.6001.18702
How do I use another browser? Do I reinstall it and how? Thanks.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Use the link below to download Firefox. If you can't do this from your computer download it to another computer, save the save the setup file to a flash drive and install it on the other computer. If you can get online you will need to update Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

In the recent past I've seen a great deal of people posting here and at other web sites that are having problems with IE 8. Seem Microsoft may still have bugs in this program.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users