Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:11 PM
I was hoping someone could help me figure out what is going on. I'm not sure if I have a virus or some corruption, or something else. Hopefully I am posting this in the right forum. Details are below.
Windows 7 Home Premium
McAfee Anti Virus software
1) IE not responding randomly
2) Itunes won’t play, but will sync phone
3) Windows media player won’t play, but it does open the software
4) Default IME not responding in Task Manager
5) Quicktime player goes to not responding
6) You tube videos won’t play, causes IE to go to not responding
7) Embedded videos won’t play, causes IE to go to not responding
Tried MS Fixit: Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer or Windows (revert to default security settings)
Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer (no issues found)
Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes (no issues found)
Computer has all updates from Windows Update
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.