Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Trojan Alert Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Callgross1

Callgross1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

If you get a Trojan Alert window, DON'T click on anything in the window. If you do not download from it, your system is not yet infected! Run whatever virus protection you have and if it shows no problems, then you are not yet infected. The fix is easy and if you own a PC, you already have the means on your computer to get rid of what you now know is a Fake Trojan Alert. You don't need to buy any additional software. If the advice you get is to buy software, that's because someone has software to sell you! The resolution to your problem is easy. I have done this and don't let anyone tell you different. Simply run System Restore to the last day available before your little Fake Alert buddy showed up. IT WILL BE GONE. This topic may get closed, because somebody wants you to buy something, but the remedy I have suggested WORKS. I utilized System Restore 4 days ago and have never seen that nasty alert again and it has not been found on my system by Spybot. That's 'cause it ain't there. Good luck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

Some viruses and malware can be auto-executed upon completion of download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users